Friday, May 10, 2013

Flower Power

Another commission down and this one has been a fun one.  I have painted quite a bit for this client in the past and this is his latest batch.  This batch however was unique in that I had a little bit of freedom with one of the models.  The small truck is actually a special character from the Operation Drop Bears Dive supplement for the Heavy Gear Blitz game named Massimilliano Gregorio.  He drives an Antelope Repair Vehicle which I managed to cobble together using various parts sent by the client and a few of my own.  The original model featured in the book was built out of various parts so I ha a little freedom in replicating it.  He was painted to match the scheme I have used for the client's whole WFPA force.  I decided to have a little fun with his base and added some accents that I thought really made the model pop.  The client actually liked the flowers so I knew I had a winner. 




I also painted a variety of miniatures for him to mix into his already painted squads as well as the start of his Airborne Dragoon squad which is currently on its way to me for paint.  One of the Hunter XMGs was a repaint of another commission painter's work.  The miniature was in bad shape so I had to strip the paint and show it some much needed paint love.  It turned out pretty well considering the condition I received it in and now can shine with the rest of the client's army. 
Foreground: Hunter XMGs
Background: Koalas

1 comment:

  1. Hell Yes! Love the flowers! Really was a nice touch to a model that isn't meant to battle but to repair his wounded gears on the battle field.

    ReplyDelete