Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Assembling the troops

Normally I come up with a nice title to go with the content of my updates and this one seemed to fit both literally and figuratively.   I have begun the task of assembling all the plastic miniatures which is something I do quite enjoy.   Out of this mass of figures there will be several squads,  some Bazooka teams, a few snipers, and a handful of attendants for the HQ units that can have them. 

As with any project featuring plastic figures I begin by clipping and cleaning the mold lines from the figures.  This is of course done with the back of a hobby knife to prevent gouging the plastic as you scape off the mold lines.  These figures all had a mold line running along the bodies but it is an easy one to remove.  The kneeling poses were assembled and all were glued to their bases.  I recommend only using plastic glue as I have almost never seen a good plastic figure assembled with super glue.

This evening starts the real fun as I glue pouches on the belts and get to work assembling the rest of the figures.   More updates to come.

1 comment:

  1. Do you work with specialized coating services as well? I hear that is becoming more popular these days, especially int he industrial sector. It looks like you are doing some really good work here.

    http://www.permashell.com

    ReplyDelete